19 September 2006

Learning to be a teacher...

Friends and bloggers alike, sorry for my long absence! This is a lentil salad with roasted turnips and onions that I made today when I returned from school (from Jack Bishop's book "A Year in a Vegetarian Kitchen") which was really good served over some salad greens, with some leftover sfincone on the side...
Teacher's college is going to take up all of my time and more, unfortunately. It is also frustrating when your teachers' toe the conventional line! Thankfully, not all of them do, and social justice issues are at the forefront of several classes. More updates to come. Happy fall to all readers!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ciao Kristina,

Good luck with school! I know you'll be a huge success and hopefully you'll share your experience with us (as best you can).

Love the salad!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Lis said...

I have missed you! Just when I had discovered you too :D But I kept faithfully checking every day!

Okay so lentils.. I want to try them badly, but have been afraid. I'm not a legume person (these are legumes, yes? - I'll have to double check myself!) at all.. there is only one bean I like - the green bean variety - but I've watched some shows that have made recipes with lentils being the star and I am really interested! And now this salad looks delicious to me, as well =)

I hope school goes well! I agree with my favorite cream puff, if you get that extra minute.. let us know how it's going!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Kristina said...

Ivonne- Thanks for your good wishes and vote of confidence! There are times when I think I need them, and I haven't even gotten to the practicum yet...
PS: I loved your post on doing tomatoes-we did them this year with A's relatives in Maple.

Lis- Thanks for the persistance! Do not be afraid to try lentils--I actually find them the tastiest legume, and also easier to digest than the others as well. A cold (or room temperature) dish gives you the chance to eat them "al dente" and with other flavours combined to have a wide range of textures. I will post more on some of my school experiences--teacher's college is proving much different to undergrad...

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home